Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bay window bolted to bedroom floor!

Now, the 20/20 engineer came to our street yesterday, assessing the job workers from the special contractor Clan had finished on house number 63. I could not resist and come out to talk to him and find out what he thought. He said, that they've done a good job. It works, they will give Clan the job to fix the other houses the council owns in the street and have failing bay windows. He told me that Clan have tied the leaning bay window to the front top floor bedroom, and actually pulled the whole construction back to the front wall. Impressive, I thought. And Mr 20/20 was the man who did not believe this method could work, he wanted to demolish and then build some film set ply wood & paint bay windows to please our aesthetic feelings.
Uncertainty remains: There are some houses with the same problem that allegedly don't belong to the council. I had a go to find out for a few quid from the land registry online service who's they are, but unfortunately there's a computer problem on their site. It would not give me the paid for and promised link. After complaining land registry refunded £3 and blamed my internet browser; this is rubbish, I use Firefox, latest model, and it's good.
Cairns Street is now dressed in Xmas attire: A few of us have put twinkly lights out and you can see xmas trees, baubles, twigs of holly, tinsel... Why not give the Xmas lights in Blackpool a miss this year and head for Toxteth's Cairns Street to see the real thing? ...Only joking...

1 Comments:

Anonymous find business listings said...

Actually this is my first to encounter that word bay window bolted I hope I can try that one also soon.
find business listings

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home